Monday, January 29, 2007

My weakness, my love.

Warily I worked myself into a mess
Wishing my heart was safely tucked away
But instead realizing this was bigger than me
Out of my mind to find something other than truth

I can’t find a secret to hide
It all seems out in the open
I have nothing to offer
My weakness is my frankness
I am regretting my honesty
Too scared to show you anything but me

How many days have I counted
How many kisses have I wished
But when it comes down to it
I’m better off with my heart out there
Than inside and stuck without a voice
Though my sleeve gets so very dirty

I worked my way to you
Inching towards this unfathomable truth
That I was made for you
And you were made for me
I’m starring at our painting
Wishing a million more brush strokes in our home
Just tell me how often you think of me
I want to hear your thoughts
Straight from your mouth

Come home and unravel me
My love for you is my weakness.

Weaker in love, and I am yours, I surrender
I’ll help you see I’m made of you
With eyes mirrored by your dreams
I know you’re just as in love with me.