Friday, November 03, 2006

Eyes = Stars.

I’m not working with my hands today
I’m all knees bent and curled up in the corner against our bed frame
And I keep on hearing birds making nests in our front door awning
And I wonder what day you’ll be home
To help dig me out of me
And recover what is left of me.

I am ashamed of all I am
Barely getting back to bed
After making myself take a shower
Just to take up time to cover up the empty side of the bed
And how many paint brushes get ruined on a day like this?
When I have the energy to paint the canvas
But never enough care to rinse the bristles.

And I know you can only do so much from the east coast
And I know I can only do so much from Chicago
But if you're ever holding your breath after you hang up
Know that I am holding my nose too
Just wishing that this day week month would get to where you are
Because I know what you are looking for
Because you are exactly what I have been waiting for.

And I can’t get used to this lack of me
From the space between you and I
So come home early just this once
I won’t count my lucky stars tonight
Until I can see my eyes reflected in yours