Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sleep and all it has given to me.

Love is for taking
Not for making
You are there, so remove your mouth from mine
Deliver me from me.
I am all I have ever been, waking in this death I will become.

Sleep come soon to me
Rescue me from her departure
I have been praying like saint
With my heart on bed posts and door frames.
She thinks of me
Holds me like a shattered plate
She bleeds just to hold me closer
And allows me mine
And all I have been, this death you have allowed.

I do not cast aspersions
When you have fallen ill with abandon
I just burden so that I can’t feel any of these scars
I just breathe until I can no longer feel my own tears.
Alone you have walked the longest mile
To curtsey with grace
Before the shameful masses
Let me hold you
Like you have been aching all along.
Let us recede into the we, that we have been made for.

Test these days and hours
Like a high wire act
We will balance these times
With a shaking madness
We will come out on the other side,
Holding tight to one another
And feeling the safety we have been made to feel.

She will provide me with all I ever am
In the shoeshine of her ways
I will reflect the glow she glows
And beam the days of our soul embrace
To kiss and bleed the miracle of us
And to drown all that is never true.

My dear is made of me
And I am made of her.
We are like the wind and tree
We will make love,
Like the autumn ground welcomes
The fallen leaves.
We will be go so far wrong,
That it will be the only thing that is true.

I am made like youth
Of kids dreams and mother goose tales
Let me bury all I can’t show to them
In your purity and shelter
Let me fall in love with you
Like a lullaby
Let me be so taken away
By all you have to be.
Read me like a cradlesong
Tell me like a story I have never heard before.

Oh how you have taken me so far
From where I once was
Oh how I have taken you so far
From where you once were
I don’t know where I end and you begin
I don’t want to believe there is such a thing as apart
I don’t want to believe in anything other than what we are.

Sleep, come to me
Rescue me from me
Until she comes and holds me.