Sunday, September 24, 2006

One short of a bakers dozen.

I will take you to the place
Where neither of us know not
We will run the fields of pretty
And be something that only we can be,
When we are with each other
Let me carve your heart out of some old tree
Let you sing me ring-around-the-rosy
And let our ashes fall to the ground.
Tell me stories of love once untrue
Before you met me,
Or I found you.

So find me like a needle
And prick me in your finger
Bleed like the words that flow from me
I am folded like a note
Tucked away
Inside your memory
You bring me out when you don’t feel right.
When the days have worn through you
When you don’t feel like you know where to go
Let the thoughts of us come to you
Hold you, and bury your worry
And hold you safe
Like you have so longed
Like we are so made to be.

And the days apart
Have thrown us askew
Taken us to the ways that create in us
A desire to never be anything but an always.
Take these days that make me silly with laughter
The times I can’t do anything more than sing your beauty
I will walk the miles with your phantom hand in mine
I will quiet myself with your praises and love.

Take an easy breath love, for no longer will you be as you were.