I keep looking up at the ceiling
From the bed where I once held you
Where you and I were lost
And found all at once
Once you left
I watched you walk through the terminal
And I cried among the passerbyers
This renewed distance
Hurts more than I knew
She has a way that reveals I am half
And she is the other I need
An august sun glares in the front room
And I wonder how it shines one hour away
I keep thinking about Monday morning
How my shower will be so lonely
How I cannot hold you as the water touches our bodies
How I cannot wash your hair and rinse you clean
When I step out of the tub, will I turn to dry you
Only to be met by your ghost.
This sad afternoon
Has been met with me and my sad self embrace
You are so necessary
That this half day without you
Feels hardly worth it.
