Cut and fallen
Tree branches fall over
All over you and me
Unexpectedly I have minded the ones that matter most
And have blacked out all the others
So when I am on my back with you on my mind
Please pick me up.
I don’t hold hands with strangers
Hoping for a hand that could care like yours.
I don’t hold conversations
Expecting to be understood like you can.
A trivial time
To share these days
With the ones that will never
Time is measured in hands and numbers
And I wish you closer
And measure time
By watching my hands shake less
I don’t spend time with others
Anticipating them to care like you do
I don’t watch for someone to care
Because I know they’d never be able to.
You have spoiled me with care and love
That makes me bored with the ones that never could
Secure my heart to yours and sing me asleep ’til you are safe in my arms.
