Monday, May 01, 2006

...and a day

A new gray made of love and the residuals
All I am is what you adore.

I am missing something I have never had.
I am broken things made of pure and pretty.

Completely you do to me
What I cannot do
You are to me
What I am to you.

Make me something amazing and brilliant
How yr mouth and eyes make me more than this.

I wear truth like a stretched rubber band
You wear me like your best pair of broken-in shoes.

Ultimately you are made of
pieces both sick and well
yr as much heaven
With equal parts hell.

Crossing tight ropes with out nets
Gambling lives of love with 100 to 1 odds

I bury words in your luminary eyes
How they have lit my way even in your absence.

Forever will never be enough to spend with you.