Now we follow our hearts
Dreadful of our pain
Lofty goals we hide away
With an empty gesture and silenced hands
Lifeless we hide our waiting
With a yearning that sings when we go.
I hate second chances
Because you are always second guessing what would have been,
If I had followed through the first time.
All the time gets measured in chiding
From bad ruses come true.
What lights do you lean towards
When all the miracles wear out
When all the love fades too dim
It was pretty all the hate you proved
It was sudden how much I have grown to resent you.
When all this sadness gets weighed in scars
And I’ve scolded all my failed wishes
On spoiled falling stars;
I know I’ll be better off dying in this want
Than being led to believe you needed me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It seems like my hands can’t hold the things I used to hold
And my sense of loyalty to the ones that were
Have gone with my heavy thoughts
Of you and me
Arm in arm
Forever and never
A look so completely disarming
Some nights go like this
When a hard tile floor was something to kiss my tired knees
Not like you had something worth believing before me
Or I had something worth denying before I guilt you into deceiving
I don’t resemble a worth while hand like yours
I don’t make heads turn,
They usually shake side to side
As we walk by
People cursing me with a confused look
Wondering what I could have
That is worth salvaging
That you gave up on anything beautiful
And decided to fall for me.
