Thursday, March 16, 2006

it's hard enough to be

Settle down my hands with yr hands
You can hold this part of me worthwhile to no one but you
I’ll take a million parts of my nothing
To just believe I’m partly not alive
I’m the gray inside yr heart
The parts not worth much of anything
All the love that gets me too much muchness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sick I know
To have a heart made of razor blades and seventeen candles
Wished blown out 12 years ago
About the closet with some near by neighbor
Hiding her alibis in my innocence
I’ve taken this moment with no one
It means so much more to me than any of you.
After I take this stain and clean you completely from my memory
I will spend the rest of that night apologizing
For words that never go away
For scars that never fade
For my hands that still shake
From what you didn’t do
Not what you did.