Lets stop and follow our salvaged worries
I’m still looking forward to love
With out touching
I’m still looking for words
With out talking
These eyes have been sewn shut with a kiss from
A hard worked mother
My hands don’t shake like they used to
And I don’t know what you do without my hands
Is this the safest way
I’m experienced in this kind of loss
A wound that deep must remind you of a time when you breathed without trying
A mind thoughtful enough to know your ways are just okay.
I’ve cannibalized my own soul
So when all my friends move away
I’ll have no more feelings left to spill.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I called when you were under the covers
You said to come right over
You could love me without trying
And in the silence I came home
And I’m holding our earliest moments
Like a dead little robin
Behind the back shed
I thought the whole time
This is perfect imperfection
I slipped into you and your covers
And fell asleep into all yr pretty.
