Saturday, October 14, 2006

Current events.

The worst is close
It was ever present with the ides of celebratory lives
I have cauterized my eyes to the pupils of the swollen sockets
The smiling fools gaze towards the stenciled blue prints
Two non-existent spires
Gaps in the Manhattan skyscape
Claims for a better than now
Has been forsaken for apathy
Brilliance in a paint stroke
Bartering for a sick just barely get by life.
I once made a new youth
Out of pathetic lullabies and children rhymes
Just to foster a new revelation
This city has been two before
The drug of new virginity
Is sold with the price of self delusion
How many times can we give ourselves mouth to mouth
To create something old perceived as new.

I give up on giving a shit about your damn dreams
About handshakes and hand jobs
About heroes jumping on grenades
About presidents posturing for men playing with boys
About baseball icons recreating 9/11
About youth and what it used to mean to me.