Thursday, August 24, 2006

'Oh the fabled and so forth...

It was sold as a set
Like a box spring and mattress
Your hand with your heart
It’s now or never, lover…

Come home and hold your breath
Make the day go so much slower
Like a sad rainy day holding my pillow
I will come to you like a storm
And bring you to me
With all these days apart
I need to feel your chest beating against mine
I need to see your eyes breaking me into pieces.

I was bought with a price
Like a car with no warranty
You will always be so tied to me
It’s all here and now, lover…

I will sing you like a ruptured capillary
And spill all you have into our bathtub
We will be drowned in our passion
Taking all the things so many have taken for granted
I need you like a cloud needs a sun to hide
I need you like an infant needs a soft touch

I am affixed to all you are
Like a child pulling a wagon
I will follow where you go
It’s all we ever will be, my love.