Tuesday, June 20, 2006

losing all we were...

I watched the undoing of us
With a grin and psychotic stare
Through your bedroom window
As you took all the dresses I bought you
Shredded them into pieces with yr childhood scissors.

I could have shone a better day your way
I would have loved to cut new pieces of me
And replaced them with what you lacked
But all I ever wanted was you
Lost and pure, cold and alone with no one to hold.

I have a certain sickness
That makes my disease stay
That keeps me ill and far from truth
I will destroy what beauty you see in me
And cut new holes into your eyes
So red will be all you see
So red will be all anyone will ever see
When they look at you barely breathing.

I will marry you to this virus of me for a lifetime of misery…