Mirror oh damn
You hold a Polaroid
Of the girl that dances me away from you.
How a girl made of make believe and truth
Takes my hand to hers
Even with so many miles between.
I shame all the words I say
When I am broken in maybes
And with this embrace I say I don’t know
But am sure that this ache
This holding away
Makes me worrisome
Makes me content
That this is something more than I have ever.
Brushing you hair Saturday morning
Seeing the same sail boat in the clouds
Kissing you behind the mall
Buying records for each other
Eating Thai food with you
Drinking champagne with you under the midnight sky
The first time I saw you walk out of your apartment
You held my hand to your heart
To show how fast it was beating
How I will never forget your nervous giggle
Our awkward first embrace and make-out
And you feeling weak and tired
From first times realized.
