And angels like to fuck
With their eyes open
So they can see the soul they’ve saved.
And gods like to breathe
So that the weak ones
Can be saved while laughing out loud.
I was true to youth
How she failed me
And I failed her.
I was honest to love
How she decided me
And I denied her.
A piano hymn broke the silence
About some god caring about me
Wells seem deep when you have nothing
But I don’t need false hearts redeeming me of loss
When tangible joy is like this girl,
So far away.
Nervous smiles and my own reflection
I know this isn’t getting any easier
Sleeping in the backseat of the car
Just so I don’t have to sleep in our bed.
Making wishes on aborted pale stars
This makes me certain of nothing
And I am the ocean and coast
I am both dawn and dusk.
We will cut losses and celebrate my blood letting.
