With a child on the way
How you were laying there, lying there.
All the words in the world can’t clean up
All the stains from a child born unborn
As the tub fills with blood,
Will you ever bleach yr memory enough?
I’ll take the long way from the waiting room
To your post-surgery bed.
You take good care of yourself
Because I cannot anymore
Because I don’t make amends with lost girls that pull shirts over their heads
When they need to feel love for the wrong reasons
And I can no longer love a hand without finger prints.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I know a day away from me
Seems like filling yourself with empty things.
Oh god knows a lot about youth
He fails at even the silliest notion of ignorance in love.
Well I know beauty
I have seen it in you,
Halloween jokes on valentine’s day
Even when you lied there sleeping covered in ketchup
“as the tub fills with blood,” you swore.
You’re the kind of kind soul
That invites me to your day long heart.
And I commemorate all our everythingness.
Smeary lipsticks half spent candle sticks
All in a nights work
Of loving with the lights off
Living with speeding hearts and an encompassing forever touch.
I like eating all the cookies in one sitting with you
Somehow caloric intake means less when I’m holding you.
